I'm a bunny and my name is Sooki, I'm hired by the contributors to operate this teleport service!
If you want, you can quickly teleport to the next destinations (best of all it's FREE!):
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Here are 2 free 50euro worth google adwords coupons:
Both are valid until 31 july 2011.
For it to work you need to register for a new adwords account (or have one that's no older than 14 days and never added a coupon code). The code needs to be added within 14 days after account creation. Don't forget to post a comment if you used one as the code is only valid for 1 user! Thanks and enjoy.
Saturday, August 14, 2010
This month there's been a message circulating by sms, email, facebook, ... all over the world which said something about August 2010 as having "...5 Sundays, 5 Mondays and 5 Tuesdays" and that "this won't happen again in another 823 years".
However in 2010 alone there are three other 5-day combinations in a month. These are:
- May 2010 with 5 Saturdays, 5 Sundays and 5 Mondays
- July 2010 with 5 Thursdays, 5 Fridays and 5 Saturdays, and
- December with 5 Wednesdays, 5 Thursdays and 5 Fridays
While looking for more information on this supposed phenomenon, I came upon entries about August 2009, which, on the other hand, had 5 Saturdays, 5 Sundays and 5 Mondays just like what May 2010 had I also came across a post about Five sundays in august 2010 and other (of which this post has content).
It's not a unique thing as it happened in: August 1999, 2010, 2021, 2032 all have 5 Sundays, 5 Mondays and 5 tuesdays.. So as you can see it repeats every 11 years..
All 31 day months have three consecutive days that occur five times. With only seven possible starting points, it happens way more often than every 823 years.
EVERY single month with 31 days gets a sequence of three consecutive days repeated five times. It can't be ANY other way.
In other words, this happens 7 times a year, since there are 7 months with 31 days.
How could anyone believe that this happens only once every 800 years?
You don't need any math to figure this out. It happens every time that August starts on a Sunday. And that, of course, happens once every seven years, on average.
It actually happens every 6, 11, 6, 5 years:
August 1976, 1982, 1993, 1999, 2004, 2010, 2021, 2027, 2032 all have 5 Sundays, 5 Mondays, and 5 Tuesdays.
In fact if it's not August specific the next occurence then it next happens in May 2011.
The next time we get five Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays in August will be August 2021. These are things you can look up for yourselves, so there's no need to believe everything you get in your email inbox.
So how did this start out?
Apparently this all started because a person on Twitter wanted to start a "mystical rumor".
Well now you know!
Monday, May 31, 2010
Goodgame Farmer is a farm game similar to farmville, but still in beta. Since it's still in beta, there are a lot of improvements to be done.
- disappearing persona (tileeventup event bug)
- can’t modify field when persona is on field other than yourself
- can’t modify field even if no persona is on field, others most often can.
- clicking on friend popup display goes away sometimes
- clicking on field while character is near, might result in “multiple selection” causing a “radioactive effect” on persona, this is fixed when hover over.
All bugs above are “fixed” when leaving and coming back.
>Animals need to be fed (each animal has specific crop to be fed): e.g. chicken needs wheat, pig needs eggplants, cow needs tullips, sheep needs havena, goat needs lilly of the valley, …
>Birds come “ruin” the fruits and crops. Scarecrow prevents this for 4 fields surround the scarecrow. Having a dog protects the whole farm.
>Building with purpose as proposed next (sequence changes, pricing the same as current sequence):
- toolshed: gives ability to harvest and plow with single click
- barn: can fill in supply of food for the animals
- cabin: can have friends do jobs on farm (clicking on cabin lists “mini market” where open jobs are displayed for the farm, owner can “post” new jobs). Maximum of 2 jobs to be posted.
- silo: wheat rotting time reduced by 6 times, so it rots in 1hr instead of 10 minutes
- chicken coop: auto feeds chickens and boost production to 1 egg an hr/chicken (prevents chickens from being stolen)
- piggery: auto feeds pigs and boost production to 1 truffle every 2 hrs/pig (prevents pigs from being stolen)
- cowshed: auto feeds cows and boost production to 1 milk every 3hrs/cow (prevents cows from being stolen)
- windmill: boosts tree production by 24 times the normal production, so 1 day becomes 1 hr
- doghut: enables having a dog for longer than 2 days
- cottage: can have friends do jobs on farm (clicking on cabin lists “mini market” where open jobs are displayed for the farm, owner can “post” new jobs). Maximum of 6 jobs to be posted.
- greenhouse: has slots for planting, used slots seeds are boosted 5 times. So eg 32 slots to “plant” and let’s say it’s used for 32 units of wheat -> wheat will grow in 2 minutes instead of 10.
- >Buffs for certain deco:
- scarecrow as described above.
- fencing prevents animals from being stolen.
- lawnmower adds 2% to quality
- wheelbarrow reduces growth time by 2%
- mailbox enables personal messages
- feeding trough enables “auto feed” to animals by providing 12 slots to store feed which is taken one from every time an animal needs to be fed.
- water trough enables “auto feed” similar to feeding through but provides the water feeding element, which together with the “default” food item is what the animal requires, randomly.
- well is needed to get water, gives 1 unit every click.
- water pump gives faster water, gives 2 units every click. And boosts quality by 4%.
- horse plow: adds 8% to quality. If horse is on the farm.
- horse cart: reduces growth time by 8%. If horse is on the farm.
- the other deco’s give a “classiness” to the farm, which can be competed in.
- Mini-tractor: can do 2 fields simultaneous a click
- Tractor: can do 4 fields simultaneous a click
- Large tractor: can do 9 fields simultaneous a click
- Giant tractor: can do 16 fields simultaneous a click
Lower price of fertilizer: to 10 dollars or 5 because there’s no real “gain” using it.
>marketplace is multidimensional: finding your friend is hard
-make “teleport to friend” option
-make list of available marketplaces
>Marketplace job offers are not clear:
-you cannot see the “size” of the job, resulting in being “fake hired”
-Make job overviews. Either a listing or whenever a job is offered show field size and related data that goes along with the offer. E.g. fields and growth time remaining. And how many people are hired.
>Whenever you want info about a player, your persona walks to that persona… thus giving away you look up info.
Seems to be a memory hog in the coding. On my state of the art pc the game still hogs up a lot of resources.
The server can’t handle the load either. Which actions to be delayed or “ignored” and also logging in is a problem… resulting in rotten crop. (Although at the time of writing it seems to be improved in the last few updates (current version: 1.21.0)
A lot of people think it’s a hook up game, and come bother you on the farm.
-Make a “kick function”, this function just sends the user back to his farm. So the owner of the farm that gets annoyed can kick the “visitor”.
>Jobs done achievement:
You get this when other people work for you and not like how the title says, that you do the job for others…
>When your farm gets big (like me, I'm level 26 and have over 400 fields) you need to click alot... give some kinda of brushing the fields instead of clicking or a select all fields button or like vehicle suggestion.
Then for my personal opinion about this game:
It's nice game, although with still alot of improvements to be done. I think if my suggestions will be implemented, that the goodgame farmer game will be a real game, rather than a click and hookup game. At the moment I'd rate it a 6.5/10.
Feel free to give the goodgame farmer game a try at: Goodgame Farmer.
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
The Making Of A Gentleman
1. On giving up the seat. Gentleman give up their seat to the elder and young children... not to the good looking lady, just because she's good looking (otherwise, you might as well never sit. Giving up the seat every time and for everyone doesn't make you a gentleman, it just makes you the guy with sore feet.)
2. On looking at women. A real gentleman doesn't look back after she passes. Look and learn to work your peripheral... but once she's out of your peripheral, let thoughts of her be out your mind.
3. On gossip. End it where it begins... if someone starts going down that path, interrupt and ask if what they are going to say will benefit either themselves, the person they are talking about, or yourself... if they say no, ask them what's the point.
4. On the quality of life. Gentlemen do not impose themselves on others, this means their music remains moderate, their boxers stay hidden, their hygiene unoffensive, and language appropriate
5. On greeting women. Now this is a tough one that I've been trying to master myself. Gentlemen should not be the first to approach a woman or even greet them. A woman should say hello first then he proceeds. On approaching a woman, the chap should only do so if she gives him an opening (i.e. a smile, eye contact).
6. On the shoes. Shoes must always be polished. Make sure those slanted heels are replaced and taps are added to them. Nothing kills a look more than a sharp dressed man with dirty or worn shoes.
7. On living life. A gentleman has an appreciation for life, he lives it fully understanding that everyday he has the opportunity to improve the world around him. He lives life with passion without caring to be a role model, but living consciously by example.
8. On penmanship. Learn to write and I don't mean just print.
9. On too much. Never be excessive - it's vulgar.
10. Understand elegance. Elegance is an attitude, It's about how you live both in the public eye and in the privacy of your home. Money doesn't buy elegance, it can only purchase items.
11. On making a person smile. This is one of the hidden gems of a gentleman. this is where the gent need not say a word, but simply senses the right time and acts on it without any motives other than simply nurturing or creating a smile. When that lady walks by and looks - smile and simply acknowledge her glance without a word or skipping a step... watch her light up. Even that chap you see who you know took time to present himself to the world...Acknowledge it with a simple nod of the head without skipping a beat. The 'little' things are never little.
12. On SMS. For starters, let's understand one thing - SMS stands for short message service. So, no conversations via text messages! Conversations should be had in person, CAPS somehow just don't express emotions as they should be expressed.
The making of a Lady
ON BEING A LADY.
1. On tights / leggings.
In a time where tights/ leggings have become as popular if not more popular than dresses and skirts. No lady should wear tights/leggings without some sort of shirt covering their backside in public. No one should be able to see your pantie line, and wearing no undergarment with the tights/leggings certainly doesn't make it any more acceptable. (the appropriate thing to wear over them are shorts, a skirt, a long shirt / T-shirt).
2. On being approached
A lady does not stop to talk to a gentleman who honks his car horn at her - even if she knows him.
3. On public arguments.
A lady should never engage in public shouting. Learn to differ the disagreement to another time and to a private setting. A lady does not use vulgar language in public and tries to not even use vulgar language in private.
4. On voice volume.
A woman's voice (is more often than not) higher pitched than that of a man. Let us be frank, high pitched voices are quicker to unnerve and annoy. Case in point - if a woman is arguing with a man and his voice should venture into the land of high pitch... rest assured, she will not like it, she may even let him know (I would never advise this unless you really want to challenge his manhood). The point is, beware of the high pith... refrain from increasing the volume if it's not necessary.
5. On Philanthropy.
A lady makes time to help others. No I do not believe that every woman should pretend to be a Mother Theresa, however, every lady should experience the joy of "giving back" simply because she understands the importance of sharing of herself and realizes the power she possess to heal the world. Volunteering, donating - some of the simple things that have long lasting effects.
6. On self care.
This is not about excesses, plastic surgery, vanity, this is about self respect. A lady does not look at herself every time she passes a mirror (or store window) in the street, she looks at herself once before she leaves her house and make sure she's leaving home correctly. This is about not having lipstick on your teeth, not having your nail polish looking like you put a nail file to them after having polished them, this is about fixing your slip, fixing your bra (so you don't have to do it in the street), and I'm sure you ladies can think of a few more things that OF COURSE you don't do.
7. On being socially savvy.
A lady understands that this is an art. She learns to deal with people and doesn't say "I don't get along with other women". A socially savvy lady also understands that she can get more out of a person and situation by using these skills than by being limited to always having to use sex to get what she wants. Being socially savvy is learning the art of conversation, being well rounded, well spoken.
8. Power of quotes.
A lady takes the time to learn a few quotes... this is not to simply regurgitate what they've heard or read, but because they understand the power of wisdom. Life lessons are what helps a woman blossom into a lady, life lessons are not limited to only your experiences, but are also found in the experiences of those before. "One is not born a woman, but rather becomes one." Simone de Beauvoir ... imagine if this applies to a woman, imagine about a lady!
9. On dressing.
A true lady coordinate her wardrobe according to her body type and her skin tones, she understands the art of dressing appropriately. This one may seem simple, but if you look around you as you go about your daily routine, you'll realize that it's not that simple. The media has infiltrated the homes and mindset of the masses. Because it's "cool" we want it, regardless to if it works for/with us or not. Everyone can have a style... but every style is not for every one. Short ladies rarely look good with long boots... Big girls and minis don't mix..... Pink doesn't always work if you're complexion is extremely pale ... blue/green contacts on black women can be a little odd ... large women and spandex, WHOA!. The point is no one is perfect... the point is to find what best works for you, compliment what you have, but be honest with yourself...always.
10. When Sitting.
Keep your knees together when sitting; cross your legs at the ankle. Even if you're wearing jeans, be mindful of your legs. There is never any excuse for a lady to sit with her legs open...NEVER!
11. On posture.
Shoulders back and relaxed, chin up, back straight.
12. The walk.
Walking in heels is somewhat of an art. It's not about putting your feet in heels and walking. It's about mastering the heels - this does take practice. Ladies, while some who wear heels think "they're killing it" know you're killing the heels, and nothing looks worse than a woman struggling in heels.
13. On finishing touches.
This is one of those things that are often forgotten. A lady knows the power of the little things, from the right smell, to the right accessories.
14. On dignity.
Dignity is having great respect for oneself. Dignity is intimately related to grace.
15. On courtship.
A Lady understands that courtship is a game. She engages in it, knowing full well that it's a game of 2 players and that she also must do her part to ensure that the game develops. She knows that eye contact, a smile, are simple things that enable the game to continue. She ultimately decides if the game shall be played.
I found this nice post on ComeCollectMyThoughts. If you want to dressup like a lady quickly go bring ComeCollectMyThoughts a visit as it features some unique pieces for sale!
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Today new plans to make Singapore a greener country leaked out. It seems that the government wants to reduce 78% of CO2 emissions by 2011, this is a rather drastic reduction of the emissions. To achieve this goal, the only non-aggressive method would be to cut down on airconditioning they said. But since airconditioning is everywhere, this would result in general warmer Singapore city living. To counteract this, they came up with the idea to stimulate wearing swimwear. Starting from today april 1st, they’ll be giving away free swimmingpool entry tickets for all who get spotted running around in swimwear.
I think it’s great that they try to make Singapore a greener country! On top of that there’ll be free swimmingpool entry tickets to win. So if I were you I’d get out there in my swimwear immediately! Because remember: starting from today april 1st, they’ll be giving away free swimmingpool entry tickets for all who get spotted running around in swimwear!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Meditation is perhaps the hardest thing I’ve ever attempted.
To sit quietly, on the brink of one’s thoughts. To sit wide-eyed, eyes shut, blinking into the void.
To not think the color that springs to mind, the word, the painted gate. Do not picture the painted gate. The color pink. An elephant.
Sometimes it’s better to run hard, chin into the wind, lungs burning and the blood bulging each vein, muscles straining until no thought can survive the heat of your brain.
Response: My brain usually processes multiple tasks at a time, so meditation is not for me. I chat, forum post, listen to long and watch tv all at once!
Me: Is it "multitasking" or "out of focus"... nowadays it's hard to say!
What do you think? Feel free to comment!
Follow the "topic" over at: 1Freeweb FREE Webhosting by posting
Monday, June 30, 2008
STROKE : Remember
The 1st Three Letters....S.T.R.
The 1st Three Letters....S.T.R.
I'm subscribed to Lady Java and got this article to read and I found it important to spread to post it and spread the word. If everyone can remember something this simple, we could save some life's.
Seriously... Please read:
During a BBQ, a friend stumbled and took a little fall - she assured everyone that she was fine (they offered to call paramedics) .....she said she had just tripped over a brick because of her new shoes. They got her cleaned up and got her a new plate of food. While she appeared a bit shaken up, Ingrid went about enjoying herself the rest of the evening.
Ingrid's husband called later telling everyone that his wife had been taken to the hospital - (at 6:00 pm Ingrid passed away.) She had suffered a stroke at the BBQ. Had they known how to identify the signs of a stroke, perhaps Ingrid would be with us today. Some don't die.... they end up in a helpless, hopeless condition instead. It only takes a minute to read this...
A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke...totally. He said the trick was getting a stroke recognized, diagnosed, and then getting the patient medically cared for within 3 hours, which is tough.
RECOGNIZING A STROKE
Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster. The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.
Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions:
S * Ask the individual to SMILE.
T * Ask the person to TALK and SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently) (i.e. It is sunny out today)
R * Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.
If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call 999/911 immediately and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.
New Sign of a Stroke -------- Stick out Your Tongue
NOTE: Another 'sign' of a stroke is this: Ask the person to 'stick' out his tongue.. If the tongue is 'crooked', if it goes to one side or the other,that is also an indication of a stroke.
Let's save some life's peeps... Additionally if you want to read more about a stroke, you can do so here
Live long, live strong and most important..live happy!