Teleporter

Hey Visitor,

I'm a bunny and my name is Sooki, I'm hired by the contributors to operate this teleport service!

If you want, you can quickly teleport to the next destinations (best of all it's FREE!):

  • Goonzu
  • Thursday, November 1, 2007

    I just installed the Care2 Toolbar!


    PLEASE Comment what YOU think about this toolbar!


















    About this article:
    Today I installed the Care2.com carbon neutralising toolbar. In this article I will review this freshly installed toolbar (some of the features and "tweaks" regarding this toolbar).

    Care2 Toolbar helps fight Global Warming


    With Care2's free toolbar, you're always a click away from your favorite Care2 features like e-cards, click to donate, My Care2, daily action, online petitions, Care2 News Network, Care2 search and more. Stay connected to the Care2 features you love. Download the Free Toolbar »

    Make Your Computer Carbon Neutral — FREE!

    Using your computer burns energy, and for most of us that means adding to global warming. Every day you use the Care2 toolbar, we'll make a donation to save 25 square feet of Amazonian Rainforest to recapture that carbon dioxide and reduce global warming gases. You can think of it as the Carbon Neutral Toolbar.

    Email Notification

    Care2's toolbar lets you know when you've got new e-mail, personal messages, discussion posts or blog updates from your friends. Works for Yahoo, gmail and Hotmail too!

    Kudos

    Brighten your day with instant butterfly, green star, golden note, and testimonial notification.

    Click to Donate — FREE!

    It's now really easy to click to donate daily on Care2's free donation sites. Help Children, Pets, Protect Women's Rights, Save Seals, and much more.

    Smilies

    We have a huge collection of fun and original smiley faces; with the Care2 toolbar you can easily use them in discussion posts, emails, and more.

    Share Webpages

    Use the handy feature to post a webpage to the Care2 News Network, or blog about it on Care2 Share.

    Action Alerts

    Stay on top of the most important action opportunities from hundreds of our nonprofit partners.








    The Care2 Toolbar is free, works with IE 5.0+ or Firefox 1.0.1+, requires no personal information and is very easy to install or uninstall.

    It contains no spyware, adware, or malware. It has a pop-up blocker and a tool for clearing cookies, your browser cache and browser history.




    My experience and tweaks


    I'm using Firefox for surfing and I'm a typical firefox user, meaning I like to tweak things a little bit :D
    So after installation I tested all the buttons on the toolbar and decided to tweak it.
    I went to "addons" and there I looked for the care2 toolbar addon.
    I went to options and hid the "Action alert" function (addons -> care2 toolbar -> predefined components -> last option "care 2 click2donate" and unchecked it)
    I configured the mail notifier (picked my yahoo account since it's the least of all my accounts I expect mail hehe :D) after that I changed the weather forcast (you can do this by clicking on it and click on the 3 links on the top right, eg you can change °F to °C and the location you want to know the weather from!) I also noticed the radio didn't work so I decided to hide that too (for this you need to go the "addons -> toolbar -> options" again and uncheck "online radio player" in the "personal components" tab) then I changed the width of the care2 searchbar so the "weather forcast" almost hit the outermost right of the bar.
    After all this... Well I enjoy using a "carbon neutral" pc! I'm sure you will feel alot better yourself, so why not give it a try?
    If you tried the toolbar yourself, leave a comment!

    Toolbar technology by Conduit they are also the company behind the Greenpeace toolbar and other companies/clubs. You can look at some of the featured toolbars at the Conduit featured gallery




    Wow — that's one amazing toolbar to help you make a difference! Absolutely no spyware, malware, adware. It's 100% organic, vegan and cruelty free. Take it for a test drive and make your computer carbon neutral!
    Download the Free Care2 Toolbar Now »
    Article Source:
  • Care2.com Toolbar Download

  • Care2.com
  • No comments: